AGENDA for the Future
Free Enterprise & Opportunity
Personal Freedom & Responsibility
Security & Prosperity
> Winning the War on Terror
Winning the War on Terrorism
America and the free world are in the midst of a struggle against a new kind of enemy: Islamic extremism. In order to defeat the enemy, we must make sure we continue the fight for liberty in the world, but we do so in accordance with international law and respect for human rights.
Our strategy contains the following tactics:
- whether the war in Iraq was necessary or not is a thing of the past; we have to make sure we do not leave the country until it is able of governing itself and defending itself from terrorists;
- Afghanistan is an essential front in the global fight against Islamic terrorism; we need to increase the number of troops to guarantee the total defeat of the Taliban regime and leave the country in a stable condition at both, the security and political levels;
- we must rebuild our alliances with former allies weakened during the last years;
- America must continue providing help and fighting poverty around the world through the expansion of trade. Poverty is the main tool employed by terrorists to find converts to their cause;
- finally, education and cultural exchanges present a unique opportunity to improve the image of America across the world. The more foreign students learn about America’s liberties and system of government, the more likely they are to bring a positive view back to their countries of origin. Also, educating foreigners under the American system equals educating the future leaders of the world, leaders that are more likely to be pro-American.